Recipe by DMAZ
I love to experiment with different types of cheese so tried this one rainy afternoon. It's become a family favorite.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons i can't believe it not butter margarine, with sweet cream
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded 2% colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni& drain.
- In saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour& seasonings.
- Add milk& cook about 5 minutes while stirring until thickened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of each cheese until melted.
- Combine macaroni& sauce in buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese& bread crumbs.
- Bake in oven at 350 for about 30 minutes or until top is browned.