1/3 Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Stewed Tomatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Boy, does this bring back memories! When I was in high school, they served this every Friday in the cafeteria. I guess they had to make sure we had our vegetables :) It sounds gross, but I couldn't wait until Fridays, the macaroni and tomatoes were so good together. To this day, almost 20 years later, whenever I have baked macaroni & cheese, I crave stewed tomatoes. With this recipe, I don't have to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain, rinse and set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat the 3 cups of milk, butter, salt and pepper until hot but not boiling.
- 4In a small bowl or cup, combine 1/4 cup of milk with the cornstarch and stir until dissolved.
- 5Slowly add this to the hot milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 6When mixture has thickened, remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- 7Pour pasta into a large mixing bowl and add the cheese mixture and the stewed tomatoes.
- 8Mix well until macaroni is well coated.
- 9Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish or 3 quart casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- 10Bake for 35 to 45, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Stewed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.2
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 1262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g