1/5 Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
My mom used to make this all the time. I love it with a little ground beef and plum tomatoes. Gives it something a little different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni & brown beef as usual. Don't overcook the noodles, they will be going in the oven! Chop and seed the tomatoes, after the beef is brown, drain and throw in the tomatoes. Leave in for a couple minutes so they cook a little. Remove from heat.
- 2Melt butter in pan, slowly add flour a little at a time. When all the flour is used, start adding milk a little at a time until this mixture is smooth, keep adding the milk until its gone. Stir entire time!
- 3Add cheese slowly to the mixture. Keep stirring!
- 4Add entire cheese mixture and Beef and Tomatoes, to cooked & drained macaroni. Stir.
- 5Put in casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for at least 30 minutes.
- 6NOTE: Add some crushed ritz crackers to the top with some butter for something crisp. I don't normally add them.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.2
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g