Recipe by DGordon
Great macaroni and cheese recipe. Part of my famly likes a creamy mac an cheese. The other part likes a sharp and more cheesy mac and cheese. This is the only one we've found that satisifies both sides. I tweak these ingredients slightly to increase the amount of "sauce". I use a little more sour cream and a little more evaporated milk than shown here.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix milk, eggs, sour cream, seasoning salt, and pepper. Layer macaroni, cheddar cheese, and milk mixture until pan is full.
- Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until milk mixture is done.