Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know there are a lot of mac and cheese recipes out there but this is really good and oh so creamy.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water according to directions. Drain. Pour into a 3 quart casserole.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,until bubbly and thicken.
- Reserve 1 cup of cheese for the top of casserole. Toss macaroni with remaining cheese. Pour sauce over macaroni and mix.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese.
Tried this last night, it was just as she said. Very creamy and very very good. So far it's the best one I've tried. Very easy to make. I served it as a side dish with Salisbury Steak and green beans.Will definetly make it again.
I tripled the recipe so I could take it to a potluck. I ended up with way too much sauce so I ended up adding another 4 cups of pasta. So next time I need to double the pasta and see if that works. Kids ate this up. Super creamy and cheesy!!
It was pretty good. Although for me, the directions were a little confusing, but I worked it out with the help of other reviews and similar recipes. I will definitely try it again, only I will adjust a few things. I used 16 ozs of cheese and shell macaroni. 2 cups were NOT enough. I doubled it.