Prep 27 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe that I got outta a magazine--it's delicious, and I don't think I'll make Macaroni and cheese any other way anymore. Not to mention it being super easy and really quick.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb sliced American cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until macaroni is just cooked. Pour macaroni into a colander and drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly until mixture starts to bubble. Add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Add remaining milk and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until it comes to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat, add American cheese slices, and stir until cheese is completely melted. Add macaroni and stir gently until it is completely coated with cheese.
- Place macaroni in a large baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.