Recipe by Chef ~Eileen~
This is my Grandmother Lewis's Mac/Cheese recipe. We miss her dearly but think of her everytime "my" mother makes this. I hope you love it as much as we do.
Top Review by soo
This was so simple to make and tasted very good. I used a high end aged cheddar cheese instead of the recommended cheese, so I had to add a bit of salt to bring out the flavor but beside that this was very good. My husband agrees.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded or 3 cups Velveeta cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cups of macaroni; drain, cool and set aside.
- Mix together: 3 eggs, 2 cups milk, salt & pepper and 2 cups grated cheese (save 1 cup of cheese for top).
- Add macaroni to above mixture.
- Put in casserole dish and dot with butter.
- Add remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.