1/1 Photo of Baked Lil' Smokies N Homemade Mac-N-Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
This is a great kid-pleasing meal. You can make it ahead and refrigerate it until you are ready to pop it into the oven. I actually came up with this one day when I realized I had to make a pack of smokies or throw them out (But alas, no other ingredients on hand). So I just took my mom-taught homemade mac and cheese recipe and added smokies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook Macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- 3Saute lil' smokies in pan until warm.
- 4Grate cheese while the above is cooking.
- 5Grease a baking dish (the deeper the dish the more layers you can make).
- 6Layers: Noodles (enough to just cover bottom of dish). Smokies (divide the by the # of layers to get them equally distributed). Cheese (cover noodles and smokies to your taste: Just make sure to reserve enough for the other layers).
- 7Butter (dot this on).
- 8Then begin over with the layers until all is used up (finishing with the butter).
- 9Finally pour the milk over top (Important: the milk is an estimate; I never measure, just pour until it feels right but this should be about right. Just adjust according to your taste on subsequent makings).
- 10Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 11Remove cover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lil' Smokies N Homemade Mac-N-Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1177.8
- Calories from Fat 574
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 2191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 51.0 g