We love salmon and think that most times, it's best just fixed simply. This dish goes in the oven while you prepare the rest of the meal. From Bon Appetit.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place large sheet of foil on baking sheet.
- Spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix shallots, capers and dill in small bowl.
- Place salmon on foil; sprinkle with lemon pepper seasonings.
- Spread shallot mixture over salmon.
- Dot with butter.
- Fold up foil edges to enclose salmon; seal.
- Bake salmon just until opaque in center, about 28 minutes.
- Open foil; transfer salmon to platter.
- Spoon any juices over.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
I cut the dill way down and just sprinkled some over my fish before baking. I loved the saltiness of the capers and the lemon pepper added so much flavor! I also squirted some lemon juice over the top of the salmon after adding the pieces of butter. The fish was nice and tender, with loads of flavor and really really delicious! Thank you for a great new salmon recipe to add to my favorites Lazyme!!! Made for Lazyme's Cook-A-Thon 4/09 Linda
Simple to make and was very yummy. I grilled it instead of baking because it literally was too hot here to fire up the oven. When I make this again I think i will use less dill. For me it was just alittle too over powering. Still a very good meal. Thanks for posting. Made for Cookathon.
Very easy to make, and it tasted wonderful! It's great because you can make a guiltfree dinner that is healthy and fast! As the fish bakes you can go off and make the sides. Great for a week day dinner because it is so easy to throw together. I thought I had capers, ended up not being able to use the capers...was out of them. But I'm sure it would have been even better! Made for photo tag.