Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to bake chicken. It always comes out moist and tender with a nice crunch. The leftovers are really good for sandwiches.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In shallow dish, combine the first five ingredients.
- Place bread crumbs in another dish.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in greased 13x9x2 baking pan; drizzle with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Very flavorful. My daughter found this recipe and made it for us for dinner. Definitely a keeper.
I would prefer to give this 3 1/2 stars, not 3. The chicken tasted good. The preparation was easy. I, as several other reviewers mentioned, could not get the chicken to crisp up. The breading turned out to be on the soggy side. I upped the temperature to 400 and cooked for 30 minutes. I then upped the temp to 450 and cooked it for an additional 5 minutes. I still couldn't get any sort of crispness. The flavor was nice though. It wasn't spectacular by any means, but it was nice. I've made a similar recipe many times but cooked it in a pan on the stove. The crispness was achieved this way. I will go back to cooking lemon chicken this way in the future. Overall, this was a good recipe, but I won't be preparing it this way again (unless I figure out some way to crisp up the breading so it's not soggy).
Very yummy chicken! I doubled the recipe and used 8 breasts. I added about 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes to the bread crumbs. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs. I had no remaining butter mixture to drizzle over the chicken breasts so I just sprayed them with some Pam. I baked them on a Pam sprayed rack on a foil-lined cookie sheet and they were a little soggy in some spots and crispy in others, but no one cared because they tasted so good!. I baked them at 400 for 45 minutes. They were moist and juicy!They were great and I'll make them again.