Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this one from a friend who uses lemons a lot in cooking. Very quick & easy to prepare.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the other ingredients and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Turn to coat other side.
- Bake at 180deg C for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Not only easy and quick to prepare, it also tastes great, and the bonus..low in fat. Loved the lemon flavour, the chicken was very moist and tender. Also the added turmeric gives it a great colour. Thanks Jen!
it wasn't good at all. early deterrant of the family was the "unholy yellow color". maybe we just don't like turmerrick. NOT A KEEPER RECIPE
I loved how quick and easy it was to prepare. We had some friends over for the afternoon and it lingered to dinner and all of a sudden I had to cook dinner. I had printed this one and it seemed harmless enough for people who I didn't know their tastes (lemon, chicken, salt, pepper - not too scary. And just a little turmeric, which I'd had favorable experiences with previously) but it was super strong and seemed more mustard-y than lemon-y. My husband liked it, but he'll eat just about anything. As the cooker of the recipe, I think I'll pass on it next time.