1/3 Photos of Baked Italian Meatballs
These are really tasty and I love that they are baked in the oven rather than pan-fried. I found this recipe in Cooking light originally and have made them several times with great success. They freeze well after cooking - I just thaw them and add them to simmering sauce for a great spaghetti dinner on busy nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (a must - dried will not do in this)
- 1/4 cup unseasoned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon low sodium salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,more to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Spray a broiler pan with broiling rack well with nonstick spray (I line the bottom part with foil and then spray).
- 3Combine all ingredients well.
- 4Form into 30 meatballs using a 1 1/2" diameter scoop (or use your hands).
- 5Set on sprayed broiler rack in prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- 6Add these meatballs to your favorite sauce and serve over pasta or in a hoagie roll with sauce& cheese to make a great sandwich.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 370.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
low sodium salt