Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A little better for your than their fried counterparts. This recipe includes suggestions for dippers and toppers from different countries.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse grind pepper
Suggested dippers and toppers
- 1 dash with malt vinegar
- dip in mayonnaise
- ketchup, of course
- dip in peanut satay sauce or tartar sauce
- 1 dash with knorr chicken bouillon granule
- serve with country gravy
- Preheat oven to 400°F Cut potatoes into long thin strips and place on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with seasonings; toss well to coat.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times during cooking, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a few of the sauces or pick a favorite!
- Makes 4 servings.
Just the way I like my fries! I served them with fried perch and green beans. I made tartar sauce to go with the perch so dipped my fries in it and enjoyed! Thanks for posting!
When I was in Greece, I used to love my fries with a side of tzatziki for dipping into. Yum! Love the idea of all the different toppings.