Recipe by Jessica Costello
Very delicate tasting fish.
Top Review by rogpeppe
Just did this with some fresh whiting as a way of using up some of our rampant tarragon plant in the greenhouse. Highly recommended! Didn't kill the rather delicate flavour of this fish. I used brown breadcrumbs rather than Ritz, and probably quite a bit more tarragon and chives than it calls for (well, once you've picked it...), but it was still delicious. Also, I only cooked it for 15 minutes in a 170C fan oven and it was perfectly cooked. 20-30 mins would have been too much. Definitely will do this again.
- 1 lb white fish fillet (use your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (DO NOT substitute with margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- sliced lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place lemon slices on bottom of large baking pan.
- Place fish on top of lemons.
- Pour melted butter over vish.
- Sprinkle with chives and tarragon.
- Cover with crushed crackers.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until fish is done.