1/2 Photos of Baked Fish With Potatoes, Onions, Saffron and Paprika
Here is a complete and healthy meal, using typical ingredients from Northern Spain. The large amount of onion in combination with saffron and paprika is key. Enjoy this healthy meal with a green salad and call it complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs fish fillets, such as striped bass, turbot, grouper, skin on
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 cups vidalia onions, finely chopped (or other sweet onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled saffron thread, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika, divided (preferably Spanish smoked)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Sprinkle the fish fillets with salt and arrange in a flat-bottomed bowl or pie plate.
- 2Pour on the lemon juice and let it sit.
- 3In a shallow, ovenproof casserole, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- 4Add the potatoes in layers and sprinkle each layer with salt.
- 5Turn the potatoes to coat with the oil and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the onions, 1/8 teaspoon of the saffron, and 1/4 teaspoon of the paprika and saute for 2 minutes more.
- 7Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the potatoes are almost tender, 15-20 minutes, lifting and turning the potato mixture occoasionally.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 9Drain the fish and arrange over the potatoes.
- 10Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the fish and sprinkle with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon saffron and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 11Bake for about 15 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through.
- 12Serve right from the casserole dish or transfer to dinner plates and arrange the potato mixture around and over the fish.
- 13Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish With Potatoes, Onions, Saffron and Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 142.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 42.0 g