Recipe by Mark Dickinson
Bounty from the ocean; This recipe came in a dream while commercial fishing in the Tasman Sea (as you will note I was the cook at the time).
- 2 1⁄2 kg fish
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- A schnapper is an ideal fish used for this recipe and can also be cooked successfully in the microwave.
- Fill the cavity of the fish with the combined stuffing ingredients.
- Secure opening and place the fish on a large piece of buttered foil.
- Wrap up into a secure parcel and bake at 180°F (350°F) for approximately 40-50 minutes or until cooked.