Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful alternative to fried fish, coating the fish with butter and baking at high heat is the secret to the success of this recipe --- use meaty fillets of fish for this if possible --- FOR LOW-FAT OPTION; whisk together 2 egg whites with 2 tablespoon cold water, dip the fish into the mixture, allow excess to drip off, use in place of melted butter.
Top Review by Mrs Dockter
My husband is a seafood lover but I am not. I found this recipe recommended by others that don't favor seafood and I thought I'd give it a try. I cleaned my plate! I will definitely make again!
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more) (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt for this!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 lb fish fillet, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or use a healthy butter alternative)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 500° F (bottom oven rack).
- Grease a shallow baking dish (enough to hold all fish without overcrowding).
- In a shallow bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Brush fish fillets with melted butter, then dip into crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 500°F for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.