1/4 Photos of Baked Fish Fillets
This is a wonderful alternative to fried fish, coating the fish with butter and baking at high heat is the secret to the success of this recipe --- use meaty fillets of fish for this if possible --- FOR LOW-FAT OPTION; whisk together 2 egg whites with 2 tablespoon cold water, dip the fish into the mixture, allow excess to drip off, use in place of melted butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more) (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt for this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 lb fish fillet, of your choice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (or use a healthy butter alternative)
- 1Set oven to 500° F (bottom oven rack).
- 2Grease a shallow baking dish (enough to hold all fish without overcrowding).
- 3In a shallow bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- 4Brush fish fillets with melted butter, then dip into crumb mixture.
- 5Place in a greased baking pan.
- 6Bake uncovered at 500°F for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 731.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g