Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
baked fish with garlic gravy
- cod or haddock or salmon or halibut
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- black pepper
- dried Italian herb seasoning
- garlic, chopped or garlic powder
- put the fish in a suitable oven or microwave dish.
- squeeze some lemon juice and olive oil on top.
- add some black pepper,herbs and garlic.
- Then just bake on about 170/190oc its not all that important.
- Or microwave on half power until really you just see that the fish is cooked.
- If you have time to marinade the fish beforehand in the fridge, all the better, but its not that important.
- You get a really good liquid with this that can be eaten with steamed potatoes and vegetables.
- Also good cold, especially salmon.
- I have now made this recipe with even slower cooking, say on 10% power for about 30 mins and it gives a lovely soft cooked salmon that is also good cold with mayo.
more of a method than a recipe, but it turned out very tastey!! Did mine in the oven with the lid on, turned out nice and flakey and perfectly cooked. Lovely flavour! Thanks for posting.
This is a great recipe for fish! I did marinate overnight. The blend of the spices was delicious and the haddock was very flaky. Thanks Ann