Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. I always get asked the recipe when I take it to potlucks. This is good with your favorite fried chicken recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) box fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain.
- Place in a buttered 2-quart casserole. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order given, stirring each time after adding each ingredient.
- Note: You could also use just one of the cheeses, either 1 cup Romano or 1 cup Parmesan, depending on what you have on hand.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Excellent. We halved the recipe as we were only making it for 2 of us. We also lowered the half and half to 1/2 C. It was perfect and we can't wait to make again. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
Fabulous recipe! I wanted to make this as a main course, so while the fettucine was cooking, I sauteed 1 finely chopped onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic and a cup of sliced mushrooms in a non-stick pan in a little butter with a teaspoon of lemon juice, until the liquid from the mushrooms had reduced. I added these to the fettucine once it had been drained and followed the recipe exactly as it was from there. I used the 1/2 up of Romano and 1/2 cup of Parmesan, though I do confess to the halves having been more like three-quarters! And as others have said, it was great having this dish looking after itself in the oven instead of having to be constantly tended to on the stove! We loved this: a great blend of flavours and wonderfully creamy. What we didn't eat last night is in the fridge to be enjoyed over the next few days. So I know that next time I make this I'll be at least doubling the ingredients so that I can freeze some! Thanks, Lainey, for another superbly flavoursome 5 star recipe.
Yummy and oh so easy to make! I had this as a main dish with a salad and some garlic bread. Probably not the healthiest choice, but extremely satisfying! Thanks so much for posting a yummy, easy recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.