Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fennel and this is such a nice way to serve it. Easy and flavourful.
- 1 kg fennel, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into slivers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg potato, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Saute the fennel and garlic in the olive oil until mostly soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stir well and fry for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the vegetables in a greased baking dish, one or two layers deep. I like to season the veggies in between the layers with lots of pepper. If you want to be really decadent you could add a bit more olive oil or butter as well.
- Bake until soft, about 30 minutes. You may want to take the veggies out once or twice just to keep the top from burning too much.