Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe adapted from my mom's Cavetelli and Broccoli recipe. It is easy to make and is very good.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (can substitute with cavetelli)
- 1 bunch broccoli floret (Brassica oleracea)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic and butter in pan.
- Slightly brown, Do not overcook.
- Steam broccoli until bright green and soft.
- Cook farfalle according to packing instructions.
- When using Barilla cook 11 minutes for al dente. Combine all above ingredients in bowl; mix in grated cheese.
- Place into oven safe dish and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350°F.
We ate it as a side dish with cooked chicken breasts. It made a ton of food. Usually when a recipe says it feeds four, it's enough just enough for us. This had at least double that.
This recipe is great. It's pretty flavor neutral, I guess you'd say. The amount of parmesan and garlic is enough to be flavorful, yet still be complimentary to a wide range of main dishes. We had meatloaf, a salad, and a pseudo-cobbler with it. It could be more Italian with a few pinches of the right seasoning, add cayenne and cumin to make it lean toward tex-mex. Definitely on my do-it-again list.
I've brought this recipe to several parties now, and we always get some compliments.