from Chow Vegan - http://chowvegan.com/2009/01/06/baked-falafel/
Make and share this Baked Falafel recipe from Food.com.
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Put in a medium sized bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and slightly flatten. Place onto an oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned (since it's baked, only the part actually touching the pan will be browned and crispy).
- Serving suggestion: Stuff in mini pita pockets with hummus, tahini sauce, tomatoes, lettuce and/or cucumber.