Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Broccolini, tips chopped
- 1⁄2 cup baby kale or 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil (to grease muffin pan)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- ground cracked pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- Lightly oil two Pyrex custard cups or ramekins.
- Mix the veggies together. Press half the veggie mix into each custard cup, compressing them and indent in the middle.
- Break one egg into a small bowl, then slide it on top of one of the piles of veggies, centering the egg yolk as much as possible. Repeat process on the other custard cup.
- Add goat cheese, about a tablespoon for each baked egg, around the outside of the yolk. (Here you can use the cheese to rectify any stubborn yolks that have rolled over to touch the edges of the cup.).
- Top with a dash of Tabasco if you wish, or a little cracked pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Eggs will come out soft-ish, but not runny.
- NOTE: for the veggies, I did not need to pre-cook them. If you are using the whole stalk of broccolini, or older kale leaves, you may want to blanch to soften them further than they will soften while cooking.