Recipe by Rita~
I used leftover mashed potatoes that had cheese in it for a nice extra.
Top Review by loof
Yummy breakfast, and with leftovers quick and easy too! My potatoes had a little cheddar and sour cream in them. I made a single serving in an individual ramekin, and I put ready-to-eat bacon strips around the inside edge before putting in the potatoes and eggs, so everything was cooked together. Very nice - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks
- 113.39 g bacon
- 236.59 ml mashed potatoes (Leftover I used Mashed Potatoes With Jarlsberg Cheese)
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cookie sheet pan place strips of bacon and bake until crisp.
- Meanwhile heat potatoes in microwave oven for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove bacon set aside. Drain the fat and discard, leaving just a touch.
- Place potatoes on pan and make small indents with the back of a spoon.
- Crack eggs into each indent.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are to desired doneness.
- Carefully place on plates.
- Serve with the bacon.