Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
low carb dessert can be served with sliced fruit on the side.
- Using custard or desert dish, beat eggs well.
- Add Splenda and flavoring.
- Stir cream or half& half into eggs and mix well.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Place in microwave and cook on 50% power for about 5-6 minutes.
- Custard will rise and fall as it cooks.
- Knife should come out clean when inserted in center of custard.
While I agree with Heather #6 that this was a bit on the "fluffy breakfast eggy" side, I also agree with Angi11002 that this is a wonderful break from the standard "eggs and cheese for breakfast". The taste is slightly sweet like a true custard, and, while the taste is a bit "eggy", I will be making this again... and again... and again. I sprinkled cinnamon and a bit of erythritol on top for a "cinnamon-sugar" topping. Thanks, Momma Loon! Also, I'd like to mention that this is very filling. I thought I might want to make a second batch, but have found this fills me up and has left me very satisfied.
This is a wonderful recipe. I am the only one in the family that loves egg custard so finding a one serving recipe was great. Before baking I sprinkled the top with Sugar Twins' Brown Sugar. It's the closest thing to Creme Brule.
I enjoyed this. It is my new go to quick & easy dessert. In my opinion, after the eggs are beaten well, time should be taken to thoroughly beat in the cream, sugar & flavoring. Beating all well will lead to this dish having more of a custard consistency versus just being another scrambled egg dish.