Recipe by rsarahl
Tofu is a wonderful food that picks up flavors very well. In this case, the curry sauce is strong and bakes into the tofu which yields not only great flavor but also a nice chewy texture. Serve with sauteed spinach and basmati rice for a balanced meal. Leftovers can be used as sandwich filling with a little chutney.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I halved this recipe and made this as a part of our dinner tonight. I used a block of 250gm tofu(paneer), a little over 1/2 tsp. of curry powder, a little over 1/2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice(instead of lime) and a little over 1 1/2 tbsps. of fresh orange juice. I pre-heated my oven at 220C and then baked this for exactly 25 minutes at 220C. Served these hot, right out of the oven! This is the "BEST" appetiser I've ever eaten! Everyone in my family loved it and nobody could believe that there was not even a pinch of salt in these! Truly good to have at a party. I love your idea of using the leftovers as a sandwich filling with chutney - splendid! Since these are dry, I definitely wouldn't categorise them under "curries". Also, I'd put them as a side dish and not the main course. These are best enjoyed on their own rather than with rice, since these come out dry once baked. Thank You so much for sharing a GREAT and EASY recipe.
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 16 ounces firm tofu or 16 ounces extra firm tofu
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice and curry powder in a 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Drain tofu.
- Cut block of tofu horizontally into three pieces.
- Then, with pieces stacked on top of each other, cut tofu on the diagonal from one corner to the other.
- Repeat the cuts on the other two corners.
- You should have 12 triangles of tofu.
- Place tofu pieces in a single layer in the baking dish and turn to coat with the marinade.
- Bake the tofu for about 25 minutes, turning once, until the marinade is absorbed and the tofu is browned.
- Serve immediately or use cold or at room temperature as a sandwich filler.