Tofu is a wonderful food that picks up flavors very well. In this case, the curry sauce is strong and bakes into the tofu which yields not only great flavor but also a nice chewy texture. Serve with sauteed spinach and basmati rice for a balanced meal. Leftovers can be used as sandwich filling with a little chutney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine orange juice, lime juice and curry powder in a 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 3Drain tofu.
- 4Cut block of tofu horizontally into three pieces.
- 5Then, with pieces stacked on top of each other, cut tofu on the diagonal from one corner to the other.
- 6Repeat the cuts on the other two corners.
- 7You should have 12 triangles of tofu.
- 8Place tofu pieces in a single layer in the baking dish and turn to coat with the marinade.
- 9Bake the tofu for about 25 minutes, turning once, until the marinade is absorbed and the tofu is browned.
- 10Serve immediately or use cold or at room temperature as a sandwich filler.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Curry Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g