1/4 Photos of Baked Cucumbers With Cauliflower
This recipe was inspired by Baked Cucumbers by Traci & Jeff Poole1. Cucumbers make a lovely hot vegetable dish and maintain their crispness when baked. You may use them much like you would a Zucchini. In this recipe I used Cauliflower but other veggies would work equally well - Corn, Carrots & peas, just about anything. Try experimenting. This first time I didn't sprinkle with parmesan cheese but I will in the future. I hate wasting those lovely Cukes and this year they have gone crazy. This may be baked in your toaster oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 cauliflower florets (enough to fill the cavity of the cuke)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Steam the cauliflower florets for approx 5 minutes- You want them to be crisp.
- 2Place you prepared cucumber halves in a baking dish cavity side up.
- 3Dot cucumber halves with butter/margarine, sprinkle with dill weed.
- 4Divide the jalapeno and cauliflower between the two halves filling the cavities.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Sprinkle on the soy sauce and parmesan cheese (if using).
- 7Pour the stock/water between the halves on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 8Bake uncovered in a 375°F oven for approx 30 minutes.
- 9Time depends on the thickness of the cucumber.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cucumbers With Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g