Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Old family recipe which was usually served at the holiday
- 1 canned corn niblet
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x9 pan.
- Beat eggs, add milk, blend well.
- Add all other ingredients pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- Test with a knife inserted into center of casserole come clean.
Liked it pretty well, but like the other posted review, mine took longer to cook than the recipe indicated. Might be my oven, but I don't think so. This has a good flavor and I did like the texture. I will be making it again and congrats on your 2010 Football win for week 1!
This was a good casserole that took a long time to cook. After the 20 mins at 350 and then the hour at 325 it was still not set in the middle. I think if I made this again I may try it with less eggs; it reminded me too much like scrambled eggs. Did have a good flavor but the texture (which I am picky about) was different... Made for Spring 2009 PAC.