1 hr 20 mins
As simple and delicious as it gets! Use the stuffing as listed below, use the stuffing of your choice, or cook the fish without it altogether. If you prefer, two thick slices of salmon may be cooked in this same manner. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs whole salmon, cleaned and scaled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1For the stuffing: Pour milk over bread crumbs.
- 2Melt butter; add onions and brown.
- 3Pour into bread crumbs.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 5Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking dish.
- 6For the fish: rub the fish inside and out with salt; brush the outside of the fish with oil and place in baking dish.
- 7Fill fish with stuffing; close opening and bake approximately 15 minutes per pound.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Columbia River Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.7
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 48.5 g