Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Over the years I've tried lots of baked chicken recipes & this is the one that I always come back to. The base seasoning mix is enough to coat 4 chickens...you measure out enough for however many chickens you are making, mix with flour & sugar then store the rest of the base mix for next time.
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml celery salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml basil
- 14.79 ml onion salt
- 4.92 ml rubbed sage
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml marjoram
- 4.92 ml allspice
OTHER INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 236.59 ml Italian salad dressing
- 177.44 ml flour
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray
- Combine all spices. This is enough to coat 4 chickens.
- Marinate chicken pieces in Hendrickson's dressing OR Italian dressing for an hour or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet or 13" x 9" pan with Pam or line with foil.
- For each chicken you are preparing, combine 3 Tblsps of the above mix with 3/4 cup flour & 1 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar.
- Place ingredients in a Ziploc bag.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade one at a time & place in Ziploc & shake to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- Spray lightly with butter spray [like I can't Believe It's Not Butter!].
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour at 350 without turning.
Great flavor! The spice blend is wonderful and very tasty. I also love the result of marinating the chicken in the Italian dressing. I halved the seasoning base mix and it was enough for about 10 chicken legs when mixed with the flour and brown sugar. The only recommendation I have is to put the chicken on a rack over a foil-lined cookie sheet, so the chicken won't sit in the juices that leak out while the chicken is cooking. Thanks for a great and flavorful recipe!