Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This comes from a Restaurant called Biga. I have never eaten there but came across this recipe which really looks great if you like clams.
- 12 fresh littleneck clams, shucked,shells set aside
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese, reggiano
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- black pepper
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add onions, garlic, oregano, paprika and pepper.
- Cook until onions soften.
- Add mustard and bread crumbs, stir.
- Remove to bowl, add parmesan and parsley.
- Chop clams in 4 or 5 pieces.
- Mix with stuffing.
- Put mixture into shells.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Seve with lemon wedges and parmesan.
DH made this and they were the best baked clams we've had at home! Nice flavor. Tasted great with Tabasco & lemon. Yum.