I haven't tried this yet, but this is VERY similar to a recipe I used on my honeymoon to prepare fresh clams. Now, living in Indiana, I'll have to find some alternative to fresh. :-(
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 36 small clams or 36 small cherrystone clams, shucked, 36 half shells reserved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Combine the garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Coarsely chop the clams and combine with the lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Place the clam shells on a baking sheet, using a thin bed of rock salt to stabilize them if desired, and divide chopped clams between them.
- Top with the bread crumb mixture and drizzle with the butter.
- Cook under a preheated broiler until the topping is golden brown and the clams are bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.