Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but this is VERY similar to a recipe I used on my honeymoon to prepare fresh clams. Now, living in Indiana, I'll have to find some alternative to fresh. :-(
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 36 small clams or 36 small cherrystone clams, shucked, 36 half shells reserved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Combine the garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Coarsely chop the clams and combine with the lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Place the clam shells on a baking sheet, using a thin bed of rock salt to stabilize them if desired, and divide chopped clams between them.
- Top with the bread crumb mixture and drizzle with the butter.
- Cook under a preheated broiler until the topping is golden brown and the clams are bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Meowwwwwwww.....These are awesome! I can't believe that no one has reviewed this yet! I was looking for an excuse to use my new clam baking shells. I even used canned chopped clams, placed some on each shell and topped with the crumbs and melted butter. They are like restaurant quality and soooooo good. Very easy to make too. I want to try with the fresh clams as well. This is a very elegant appetizer. Everyone, please make these, you will not be disappointed! Thanks Meow for sharing such a terrific recipe! --Marla
Easy and very good