Recipe by Maureenie
My sister in law gave me this recipe when I was first married in 1981. It has remained a family favorite ever since. Serve with Melba Toast, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, biscotti, or toasted bread triangles.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 cup margarine in 1.5 quart oven safe casserole dish. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until margarine is melted.
- Add onion and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve as a spread with crackers or top over toasted bread triangles.