Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I started to make Ww Skinny Chimichangas but was unable to get online to view the recipe when it was time to cook. So this is what I came up with and it was very yummy and filling - and still kinda healthy. (I was only serving 2 people, so I put half the meat mixture in the freezer for a later meal and had 1 extra chimichanga to take for lunch)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (drained, only add more if you want it really spicy)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 10 low-carb flour tortillas (I like Mission Carb Control Tortillas)
- cheese sauce (queso) (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- Rotel Tomatoes (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray (non-stick pan recommended).
- Cook turkey, breaking into small pieces as you go, until no longer pink.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, black beans. and taco seasoning to turkey. Follow directions on the seasoning packet, cooking until there is no excess liquid in the meat mixture.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray (I line my pan with foil for easier clean up)
- Warm tortillas in oven or microwave until slightly warm and pliable.
- Place a small scoop of meat mixture on each tortilla (1/4 cup to 1/3 cup scoop). Fold in sides then roll to enclose and lay in baking pan. If you want the chimichanga to be crispy all around, leave room between each one.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the chimichangas feel crisp to the touch.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.