Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
What a meal this is!! I love spaghetti squash anyway, so this is just a bonus to have it with the chicken parmesan, so tasty.
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 6 tablespoons caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 6 oz each)
- 1 1⁄3 cups tomato and herbs pasta sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup part-skimmed mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange squash, cut side up, on baking sheet. Brush with 3 tablespoons dressing and sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken in remaining dressing and marinate while squash is baking. Add chicken to baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Spread 1/3 cup pasta sauce over chicken and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted an squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drag a fork over squash to release the spaghetti-like strands; discard rinds. Serve chicken over squash. Warm remaining sauce and serve on the side.
I loved this recipe! I've never cooked spaghetti squash before, but was looking for a pasta taste without all the carbs. This recipe fit the bill perfectly. I enjoyed it, my boyfriend enjoyed...and it was all very simple to make. Thank you so much, I will definitely be making this again.