Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Your kitchen will smell heavenly while this dish is baking! Serve with a green vegetable &/or salad & crusty bread or rolls.
- Position oven rack in center of oven; preheat to 400F degrees.
- Rinse chicken parts& pat dry; season liberally with salt& pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together onion rings, garlic, oil& rosemary.
- Spread half of the onion mixture in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan just large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Arrange the chicken pieces (skin-side up) on top of onion mixture, and cover with remaining onion mixture.
- Drizzle with an additional 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake until chicken is done, approximately 45-55 minutes.
This is a simple baked chicken recipe. The chicken was moist and flavorful but the meat was not as quite as flavorful as I thought it might have been given all the onions, garlic, and rosemary (gotta be a way to get more flavor into the meat). There were, however, lots of wonderful onions to spoon over the chicken which was quite flavorful with the garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. I will definetely make this recipe again possibly placing some onion, garlic, and rosemary beneath the skin of the chicken parts to infuse more flavor into the meat. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
This did make the kitchen smell wonderful. Onions, garlic and rosemary....can't get much better than that! Thanks.
I used shallots instead of garlic/onions. This was terriffic and my picky hubby even gave it a "good?" so that's a pretty high rating from him. Next time I'll buy more shallots and use more rosemary. Mmmmm