Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Your kitchen will smell heavenly while this dish is baking! Serve with a green vegetable &/or salad & crusty bread or rolls.
Top Review by Caryn
This is a simple baked chicken recipe. The chicken was moist and flavorful but the meat was not as quite as flavorful as I thought it might have been given all the onions, garlic, and rosemary (gotta be a way to get more flavor into the meat). There were, however, lots of wonderful onions to spoon over the chicken which was quite flavorful with the garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. I will definetely make this recipe again possibly placing some onion, garlic, and rosemary beneath the skin of the chicken parts to infuse more flavor into the meat. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- pepper, to taste
- 3 medium onions, sliced into rings
- 6 -12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack in center of oven; preheat to 400F degrees.
- Rinse chicken parts& pat dry; season liberally with salt& pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together onion rings, garlic, oil& rosemary.
- Spread half of the onion mixture in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan just large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Arrange the chicken pieces (skin-side up) on top of onion mixture, and cover with remaining onion mixture.
- Drizzle with an additional 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake until chicken is done, approximately 45-55 minutes.