1/2 Photos of Baked Chicken Parmigiano
You must try this recipe ‘baked chicken Parmigiano’ super easy to make and the entire family will love it! The traditional chicken Parmigiano is usually deep-fried but in this recipe the chicken is baked making it much lower in fat. Just add a salad, scalloped potatoes or light gluten-free pasta and you will have a delicious Italian meal. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon gf dried oregano leaves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch gf black pepper
- 1 free range whole chicken breast
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 organic tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 slices bocconcini (thin slices)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Whisk together yogurt, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and pour yogurt marinate over your chicken and let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Remove most of the marinate and coat the chicken with Parmesan cheese, place chicken on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 F on the middle rack.
- 4Take the chicken out of the oven and add sliced tomato, fresh basil and bocconcini on top of the chicken, return back in the oven and bake until cheese melts about 5 minutes or less. Use two slices of tomato and bocconcini for each chicken breast.
- 5Serve with salad, pasta or scalloped potatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Parmigiano
Serving Size: 1 (762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1982.4
- Calories from Fat 1283
- Total Fat 142.6 g
- Saturated Fat 82.1 g
- Cholesterol 524.0 mg
- Sodium 4156.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 153.0 g