Recipe by onlyglutenfreerecipes
You must try this recipe ‘baked chicken Parmigiano’ super easy to make and the entire family will love it! The traditional chicken Parmigiano is usually deep-fried but in this recipe the chicken is baked making it much lower in fat. Just add a salad, scalloped potatoes or light gluten-free pasta and you will have a delicious Italian meal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon gf dried oregano leaves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch gf black pepper
- 1 free range whole chicken breast
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 organic tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 slices bocconcini (thin slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together yogurt, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and pour yogurt marinate over your chicken and let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove most of the marinate and coat the chicken with Parmesan cheese, place chicken on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 F on the middle rack.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and add sliced tomato, fresh basil and bocconcini on top of the chicken, return back in the oven and bake until cheese melts about 5 minutes or less. Use two slices of tomato and bocconcini for each chicken breast.
- Serve with salad, pasta or scalloped potatoes.