Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ichinao was a restaurant in Tokyo that my parents frequented when my father was stationed in Japan during the '60's. This is a recipe created by my parent's maid from what my parent's remembered of the restaurant dish.
- 2 cups raw chicken, cubed
- 1 cup celery, cubed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 inches gingerroot, shredded
- Mix the chicken and celery in a bowl. Divide evenly between 4 large pieces of aluminium foil.
- Sprinkle soy sauce and peanut oil over each.
- Close foil and bake in 350F oven for 20 min, or until chicken is done.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and serve in 4 dunking dishes.
- Serve each packet to each diner and offer sauce for dunking.