Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crunchy baked chicken is kept moist during cooking by slathering it with a basil, mayonnaise mixture before adding seasoned breadcrumbs. Delicious!
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425°.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 13"x 9" baking dish which has been sprayed with Pam.
- Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 160 degrees, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is really wonderful. When I am out of fresh basil, I have subbed fresh parsley and it is still great. I have also used light mayo (not fat free) and multigrain fresh bread to make the crumbs. Thanks Marie.
I followed this recipe exactly and it was delicious and moist. The mayonnaise adds a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing a great chicken recipe!