Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe started with just chicken, potatoes and salad dressing and has evolved over the years. If you are really short on time or short on ingredients you can still use just the salad dressing with the chicken and potatoes and it will taste good. The other ingredients add a little something extra. It is really good!
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, chopped into cubes (a bout 1.5 inch)
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, slice into pieces about 3 inch sq
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken and potatoes in baking dish.
- In a seperate bowl, mix spices, dressing, and vinegar; pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top.
- Cover and bake at 375 for about an hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
- For best results stir half way through cooking and uncover last 10 or 15 minutes of baking.