Recipe by MizzNezz
I've been making this one for 30 years. They never get tired of it! Yummy with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Missy Wright
This was Delicious! I did not use chicken parts though as none of my family likes dark meat. Instead I used boneless-skinless chicken breasts. I used 4, cut them into thirds, dipped them in melted margarine, then dipped them in flour. I sprayed the pan with Pam..the margarine from the chicken was enough fat. I served this over rice with steamed broccoli. What a wonderful meal! Thank you Inez. We will make this often!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, i use legs and thighs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated process American cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Put butter in 13x9 baking pan; add chicken.
- Bake at 375* for 40 minutes, turning once.
- Remove pan from oven; reduce temperature to 325*.
- Spoon excess fat from chicken.
- Mix milk with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, until bubbly.