Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've been making this one for 30 years. They never get tired of it! Yummy with mashed potatoes.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, i use legs and thighs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated process American cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Put butter in 13x9 baking pan; add chicken.
- Bake at 375* for 40 minutes, turning once.
- Remove pan from oven; reduce temperature to 325*.
- Spoon excess fat from chicken.
- Mix milk with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, until bubbly.
This was Delicious! I did not use chicken parts though as none of my family likes dark meat. Instead I used boneless-skinless chicken breasts. I used 4, cut them into thirds, dipped them in melted margarine, then dipped them in flour. I sprayed the pan with Pam..the margarine from the chicken was enough fat. I served this over rice with steamed broccoli. What a wonderful meal! Thank you Inez. We will make this often!
This was really good! it has that nice comfort food quality, I am even making my daughter who insists she hates chicken begin to take notice, she ate almost a whole leg and believe me for her that is like me eating a handful of worms lol!, I will definatly make this again it is really tasty. Thank's Inez
Nez, what a great recipe to add to my collection of t&t dishes. This was fantastic, and we loved it. It was easy to prepare, and while it was baking, I was able to prepare the mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. The chicken was moist and it had enough gravy for the potatoes. This one deserves a 5* from me.