1 hr 20 mins
Being from the south, I'm very fond of grits. I really love this side dish where it is baked with cheese and garlic. This is excellent served at a brunch or with fried fish or baked ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water and salt to a boil.
- 2Stir in the grits.
- 3Cook until the grits are done.
- 4Remove from the heat and add the next 4 ingredients; stir until the cheese and butter has melted.
- 5Add a very small amount of grits to the eggs and stir well.
- 6Add a little more and stir well again.
- 7The pour this mixture back into the grits and mix well.
- 8Pour the mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 9Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- 10NOTE: You can add chopped green or red bell pepper, green chile, or jalapeños to the mixture for a kick.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheese & Garlic Grits
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 303.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g