Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great tasting dip or spread. Serve it with chips or crackers. After it's cooked you can spread a very thin layer of sour cream on top, just enough to help adhere your choice of toppings, such as diced peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion, etc. To make a nice presentation on your Christmas buffet, cut stars out of red and green peppers and spread over the top.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 -10 ounces grated cheese (I use 4 cheese Mexican style)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (or to taste)
- Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy.
- Stir in all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 10-inch pie plate or quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350° until edges are lightly browned.
This is a great dip and so easy to make!! I served it with assorted crackers and chips. Went over big with the group. Thanks Junebug, for sharing this. :-)
Every time I make this dip, it is the first to go! I have had numerous requests for this recipe! Yum!!!
This was the most amazing dip I've ever had; super easy to make and delicious. Made as written, except I omitted the ground red pepper (lots of non-spicy lovers in the crowd). I served it with chips and crackers, and it was incredible-tasting on both. Thanks for contributing this, Junebug!