Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from my aunt. My family is not usually a big fan of cauliflower but everyone goes back for seconds with this recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- Cut the bottom of the stem off of the head of cauliflower. Do not break apart the florets.
- Cut an X in the bottom stem.
- Steam the cauliflower for 10 minutes, turn over and steam for another 5 to 10 minutes, until it is fork tender.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Melt the margarine and mix in the bread crumbs, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture over the top and sides of the cauliflower.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
I thought this was pretty good...a different way to serve caulifower than I've seen before. I had a little difficulty getting the breadcrumbs to stick so I ended up drizzling a little additional butter over the top to make it stick better. It was a little bland so I sprinkled some garlic powder and salt on it. I did use seasoned bread crumbs, but they may have been the problem. A different brand might do better next time. Thanks for posting. Pam