1/1 Photo of Baked Cauliflower in Cheese Sauce
Baked cauliflower in a creamy cheese sauce that doesn't use cream-of-X soup. Note: I have made this with skim milk and lowfat cheese and it works, but you have to cook the sauce longer to get it to thicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces and steam until just tender.
- 2While it is steaming, melt the butter and add the red pepper flakes and garlic powder (if using).
- 3Add the flour and mix until smooth and thickened.
- 4Mix in the milk a bit at a time stirring each time until smooth.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, over a medium heat until thick and creamy (this takes awhile).
- 6Add 1 cup cheese cheese and stir until melted.
- 7Remove sauce from heat and salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- 8Spread the cauliflower in a 9 x 13 pan (or casserole dish).
- 9Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the cauliflower and then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese (if desired).
- 10Bake at 350 F until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cauliflower in Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 285.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g