1 hr 20 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This recipe comes from a February 1981 issue of Bon Appetit. It was in the "Food Processor" section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- 2Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 3Slice squash using firm pressure. If slicing by hand, slice into about 1/4 inch pieces.
- 4Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add shallot and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in squash; add salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste and continue cooking 3 minutes.
- 7Transfer to prepared dish.
- 8Squash can be prepared ahead to this point. Cover and refrigerate.
- 9Bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- 10Add parsley to squash and toss lightly.
- 11Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g