5 hrs 15 mins
We love brisket at our house, so I have collected many different brisket recipes over the years, here's one I'm quite sure you will enjoy, it's simple and has a tasty gravy. You can use more tomato sauce if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a casserole dish (large enough to hold the brisket).
- 3Sprinkle the celery ribs and one sliced onion in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 4Lay the brisket (fat side up) in a roasting pan over the onions.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Sprinkle the remaining sliced onion and the chopped garlic (if using) over the top of brisket.
- 7Stir together the tomato paste, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over the brisket.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- 9Remove from oven and cover tightly with foil; bake for 2 more hours.
- 10Add coffee, cover and bake for another 2 hours more, checking every 30 minutes for dryness.
- 11Add 1/4 cup water if necessery.
- 12Remove the brisket from the pan; let stand for 20 minutes.
- 13Cut brisket across the grain into thin slices, using a sharp knife.
- 14Strain the pan drippings, and serve with the brisket.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brisket Au Jus
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1225.2
- Calories from Fat 905
- Total Fat 100.5 g
- Saturated Fat 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 572.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 65.8 g