Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Buttery Brie with zucchini and crusty bread makes a great brunch dish.
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 6 slices sourdough bread, crusty 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 plum tomatoes, 1/4-inch slices
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fat-free liquid egg product (egg beaters of whites)
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dill, fresh snipped
- Cook zucchini in salted water 2 - 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread sliced on bottom (cut to fit).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese.
- Layer zucchini and tomatoes on top of cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Combine egg product, milk, onion and dill.
- Pour over veggies and cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 - 24 hours.
- Remove wrap and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 325 oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.